Sunday, April 03, 2005

Time Space Warp.


I swear, there have been more than a zillion times I've heard this song that just makes me want to reminisce the good old days back when I was still a student dj, in this radio station in Novaliches.

There was an episode in Quantum Leap, a very old TV series that I used to watch when I was in elementary, probably around third grade. There was an ending when Scott Bakula and his wife (I think...) were looking up at the night sky and was looking at the same star, despite the time differences they were experiencing (the protagonist was leaping through time). In that moment, they felt like they connected. Oh, and they were also able to communicate through a hologram that visits him in whatever time Scott Bakula was in.

There's this song: Hands To Heaven, by Breathe, it was one of the favorite songs of one of my friends in the radio station. Everytime I hear it, I find myslf looking at either the sky or the ceiling, and it usually gets played when I'm at the lowest point in my life...haha, whatta load full of crap, I know.

It's just that whenever I hear this song, it makes me feel like I was hearing it for the first time, with all the good and bad memories flooding my brain, but as if nothing actually happened in between them. It's like that episode in Quantum Leap when both of them looked up at the same star, it was as if they were reunited in that split second.

Yeah, yeah... a whole lotta emotional sh!t. HA! I could even make a video of the whole song with me in it.

Starting from the time when I was handling the console, to one of those low moments when the song would suddenly play out of nowhere, whether in the mall, the jeep, or the fx that I seldom ride...even the LRT. Yes, out of a thousand trips I've made in my lifetime, there was this one time that they were playing a song...and yes, you guessed it right.

Guess what again? It's playing right now.

Alright, that's it...'till next time's dump of ma crap on your brain :D