Thursday, April 21, 2005

in this life ...


There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed.
Some forever, not for better.
And some have gone, and some remain.


Dave Matthews Band's version of it brings me back to the first time I saw it on a local television channel in the early 90's, Bette Midler was singing, as part of a movie called "For The Boys".

I think I'm suffering from what you call an early 20's crisis, if such a term actually existed. I felt like I've done so many crazy things and so many wacky stunts at the age of 17. The irony is, now that I'm 4 years older, I feel like I haven't done the things that still need attention.

I'm still scared of places where I can see right through the next floor, especially when people or cars are moving under it, and I am still fond of playing with stuff toys, especially Stitch...things I never wanted to do when I was youngER.

All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall.
Some are dead and some are living.
In my life I've loved them all.


There were times of depression, which was made up of almost 75% of my life, with people coming, staying for a few years, and leaving for good. Some people just wanted to pass by, some decided to stay until now. Some of them I can't even remember how they looked like.

I remember watching Highlander when I was in fifth grade. It's been so long I've forgotten if it was one of the movies or the series, but if I recall it right, there was one scene where MacLeod brought his 80+ year old wife outside to talk for awhile. She was near death and MAcleod wanted her to see how the outside looked like while having their last conversation. The wife noticed noticed how he didn't age at all, and I think Macleod just smiled. He then buried her after she died, left the place, and went to where he could move on with his life.

It's just weird sometimes, when from the start you can have all the time in the world, and yet feel that it's not enough even if almost a decade has passed. I'm only 20, and I feel this way. I couldn't begin to imagine if immortals actually existed in this world; the trauma, the depression...such remorse and agony.

But of all these friends and lovers,
There is no one compares with you.
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new.


But sometimes, some people who stay do make a lot of difference even in the shortest amount of time. There were people whom I thought I could share a lifetime with, but now, I don't even know if they're still alive.

Changes. Evolution. Satisfaction doesn't come easy for people who live in the fast lane. They...we...tend to always crave for something new, something exhilirating and more dangerous. We're like fools who want the best, but doesn't realize it until it's gone. Yeah, we're the whole population of shitheads who just don't know when
to stop sometimes.

Though I know I'll never ever lose affection
For people and things that went before,
I know I'll often stop and think about them.
In my life I love you more.


With all the things I have done, and with all the crap I've put myself through, there are things that I'll never forget: people I know I could go home to, and people I still love.

What people don't see sometimes is that it really doesn't matter if you stay long enough or not, sometimes you just have to make that difference, even for that split second in that someone's life, and sometimes...just sometimes, it could worth living a lifetime for.