Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Under Its Influence.


The past few days have been awfully hard for me, and as I near the middle of my last term in school, I fear that money I've been earning is not sufficient for my academic needs, especially when you go to the type of school who loves to hold art exhibits at the expense of their students.

"I was always scared that I wasn't ready..." - Nate Fischer

I just watched Six Feet Under, season five's finale and true enough, as most of my friends have said that I do take on the personality of Claire Fischer. I do find it impossible sometimes, though, to actually see myself in her character, but I do glimpse a little of her mislead ideals and unending passion for what she seeks to become. I do feel her regrets in life, her aspirations, and most of all, her hang-ups from decisions she failed to ask advice on.

Six Feet Under is one of my favorite TV shows, but I have not watched all of the episodes yet...mainly because I always didn't have the time, and that it made me cry a lot. It had a simple storyline, but it was universal as keeping the family together, and making it strong enough to make you go through your ordeals, but as painstakingly real as showing you how not all of it can happen at all...and it was after watching it I realized that I have that burden.

I have that eternal burden of keeping my family together and making them strong enough to go through our ordeals together.

I can never do that right if I didn't let go of all my hang-ups, my regrets, or even the fear of what lies ahead in my life, and until now I'm still figuring out a way to make it all work.

"You can't stay here," Nate said to Claire when she was about to back out on leaving her house and on her way to New York.

Dang, that sounded like a good plan.

It was the best one I ever heard.